Philadelphia PA DUI Lawyer
Criminal Lawyer for Driving Under the Influence Charges in Philadelphia PA
Contact us today and speak with a Philadelphia criminal attorney who understands how to defend against DUI charges and drunk driving arrests.
Driving under the influence or 'drunk driving' is easily one of the most commonly cited offenses. If you are charged with violating a state's driving under the influence laws, your driver's license may be suspended or revoked, you may have to pay both substantial fines and increased insurance rates.
More than anything, if charged with DUI, your freedom may be in jeopardy. This is extremely problematic as many charged with DUI’s are first time offenders or usually law-abiding citizens. Having a great Philadelphia DUI Lawyer advocate in your defense can mean a much better result for anyone charged with driving under the influence.
DUI’s can be especially problematic for drivers who are under the age of twenty-one as they compound the offense of driving under the influence with underage alcohol possession, which can create an especially difficult situation. It is extremely beneficial to employ the services of an experienced and considerate attorney when facing these charges.
A Philadelphia DUI Lawyer that Protects Your Rights
We at the offices of Peter J. Scuderi are confident in our ability to ensure that your case is resolved according to the facts and the law and not by questionable police tactics or overzealous prosecutors. Our Philadelphia DUI Lawyers are skilled at the thorough investigation of ‘drunk driving’ arrests in order to identify and exploit weaknesses in the prosecution's case against you.
Penalties for driving while intoxicated are especially severe. They include: the suspension or revocation of a driver’s license, heavy fines, heightened insurance rates, job loss, and incarceration. It is the duty of the defense, a Philadelphia DUI Lawyer, to try to decrease the severity of these punishments or have the charges dropped or dismissed.
Some of the factors that the defense can present at trial or sentencing to influence these factors include:
- Necessity: Was there reason for the police officer to stop the vehicle Did the officer personally witness poor driving suggesting impairment or any traffic violations?
- Probable Cause: Did you appear to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Your Philadelphia DUI Attorney may argue that the arresting officer did not have probably cause to pull you over.
- Breathalyzer Administration: Did the arresting officer properly use the breathalyzer and if so, was the machine properly calibrated? Our Philadelphia DUI Attorneys want to explore every available option in your defense.
- Field Sobriety Test Administration: Did you pass the field sobriety test? Are there any unknown or non-visible health issues that factor into the field sobriety test results?
- Blood Test: Was the blood test conclusive/ in concordance with the field sobriety test or breathalyzer? When was it administered? Was it administered properly? There are some of the things our Philadelphia DUI attorneys will investigate.
DUI charges can be confusing and overwhelming to anyone, especially first-time offenders. Having a Philadelphia DUI Lawyer to advocate for your rights at that first appearance is crucial to successful legal representation against drunk driving charges.
We at the law offices of Peter J. Scuderi will fight tirelessly and fervently to work with you and minimize any damage against you. If you or a loved one is facing DUI charges, contact us.
Contact The Law Office
Peter J. Scuderi is an attorney in Philadelphia specializing in criminal defense. Mr. Scuderi also serves Montgomery, Bucks, Delaware, and Chester Counties in addition to serving those in Philadelphia County. He is among the best lawyers in Pennsylvania, committed to assisting clients who need high quality legal representation.
For a consultation on your case, please call us at 215-546-5650 or complete the form below. If you are looking for a criminal lawyer in Philadelphia, your legal fight starts here.